Start the Process
How to apply for Disability Services and Accommodations
BYU–Hawaii students experiencing academic difficulties as a result of a disability should contact Disability Services to request assistance. The following is an overview of the process for students to apply for accommodations at Brigham Young University–Hawaii:
- Be admitted as a student to BYUH.
- Read and sign the Statement of Informed Consent (see student handbook).
- Meet with a disability coordinator to complete a consultation. Call Disability Services at (808) 675-3518 to make an appointment.
- Complete and submit disability verification documentation. Documentation must be dated within three years. Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (808) 675-3440 (see verification and guidelines).
- If found eligible, meet with a disability coordinator to complete the process for receiving accommodation. Letters of accommodation will be sent within two weeks of confirmed eligibility.
- If found ineligible, meet with a disability coordinator to discuss further appropriate ways to meet needs.